1.  Can I enroll my student at the school he/she will be attending?

No.  All new students must complete the online application. Please call the BOE Central Office at 706-384-4554 for more information. 

2.  Can my student's grandparent/relative enroll them?

Only the legal guardian may enroll a student.  If a student's legal guardian is not his or her parent, then legal documentation must be provided about guardianship. 

3.  Do I have to live in Franklin County for my child to attend Franklin County Schools?

We are not accepting any out of county students except for those who live in the Royston city limits. During the spring and summer, you can apply for out of county enrollment. Please click here for more information.

4.  Does my student have to attend the elementary school that is in our district?

At this time all students must attend the school that is in the district in which they reside. 

During the summer, parents may request for their child to attend a different school in Franklin County by filling out a transfer request form. For the 2024-2025 school year, we will not allow any intra-district transfer requests due to redistricting for the 2025-2026 school year. Please click here to find out more information.

Questions regarding district lines may be directed to the Transportation Department at 706-384-4554 ext. 11349.

5.  What are acceptable proofs of residence?

It needs to be something current (date must be visible) that has your name (or spouse's) name and address on it, such as:

Lease Agreements; Utility Bills; Tax Records; Motor Vehicle Registrations; Voters Registration Cards; Mortgage Bills

6.  What if I do not have any proofs of residence?

If you do not have proofs of residence because someone else's name is on them, then the person whose name appears on the proofs of residence will need to accompany you to register. They will need to bring 3 current proofs of residence that has their name and the address at which you reside. At the appointment, both parties need to sign a notarized form that explains the situation.

If you do not have proofs of residence because you just moved, please call the Central Office at 706-384-4554 to find an alternative.

7.  What if I do not have Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, or Immunization Records?

Most of the student's records can be sent from the student's previous school (this does not include Pre-K).  Please bring with you what you do have.

If you are enrolling a Kindergartener, all forms must be presented.

8.  Where is the Central Office?

It is in the old middle school building in Carnesville.

280 Busha Road, Carnesville, GA  30521

From Lavonia:  Go South on Hwy 59.  Continue for about 8 miles. Turn Left on Busha Road across from James Short Tractors & Equipment.  The office is on the left.

From Royston: Go North on Hwy 145. Continue to follow Hwy 145 North around the courthouse in Carnesville.  Continue North on Hwy 106/59.  Turn right after 1 mile onto Busha Road across from James Short Tractor & Equipment.  The office is on the left.

From I-85: Take exit 166. Follow Hwy 106 South. Turn Right onto Hwy 106/59 South.  Turn Left on Busha Road across from James Short Tractors & Equipment.  The office is on the left.